Oriental FP in Tru stone Jade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

The biggest problem with making pens is that when I see a kit that I have not done before it is like an itch that has to be scratched. While surfing the usual pen guys for anything that I didn't know I needed, I came across this kit on Exotics site. Being that I had not seen the kit before the safe move was to put it on a Jade Tru Stone, not much imagination but it was the safe choice. I really like this kit, It is flashy, but it will fit in with the other hi end stuff that I have on the hi end display. The Jade Tru Stone turned well (this was the first time I used this blank) and polished up beautifully, not much else to say, pretty much straight up penning.
Thanks for looking
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I have made this kit, and matched it up with some vintage Bakelite (posted a few weeks ago), which worked well. You choice of jade TS, admittedly a "safe" choice, goes very well. My concern with the one I made that there was not enough visual definition in the clip, what with all that gold and so much detail. You addressed that issue with some type of antiquing, which I think improves the overall presentation. Well done.

Would you mind sharing what method/medium you employed?

Jjartwood

Would you mind sharing what method/medium you employed?[/QUOTE]
to define the detail on the clip I used a candle to apply the soot to the clip,I wiped off enough to bring out the detail and finished with acrylic spray lacquer

SteveG

Would you mind sharing what method/medium you employed?
to define the detail on the clip I used a candle to apply the soot to the clip,I wiped off enough to bring out the detail and finished with acrylic spray lacquer[/QUOTE]

Wow! That is a cool solution...don't like the component set the way it is, just burn it up a little!:eek:

I like it, and will try to experiment with that technique. Thanks!

thewishman

Mark, I love how you don't color inside the lines! You seem to have a great talent for looking at things through different eyes. From your ACME space pen to your rat rod pen kits, to the masking tape creations. When I see that you have posted something I HAVE to look right now!

Who in their right mind takes a $$$ kit and soots it up with a candle! A genius! That's who.

You rock!
:RockOn::RockOn::RockOn:

Top Bottom