An order of Shirt Pocket Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello folks.

Been a while, thought I would post a pic of my latest order - a group of four 'kitless' fountain pens in my 'Shirt Pocket fountain Pen' style. The idea behind this design is to create something a little more practical (that is, work-horse) than some of my more artsy FPs. They are a nice shirt-pocket size, and post very securely for comfortable writing. like the vast majority of my FPs, they are cartridge/converter fillers, with steel JoWo nibs.

This group was made for a friend who has a few graduating family members needing grad gifts.

IMG_8989_zps99310713.jpg

IMG_8997_zps47598233.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Gaggle of Pens Ken,
Love to see Postable, Pocket Friendly, Kitless.
The Colours of the Caps will make them stand out from the Crowd.
Your Profile, Proportions, and Lines look Great
Your Fit and Finish is Superb.
Congratulations,
Brian

Katya

Really striking! Very beautiful.
I have a question.. I made a Churchill with a coloured cap and black ebonite body, but was told by some that the "usual" way to make it is with a coloured body and black cap.
Have you tried doing these with a black cap, and if so why do you prefer yours with a coloured cap?

OZturner

I have a question.. I made a Churchill with a coloured cap and black ebonite body, but was told by some that the "usual" way to make it is with a coloured body and black cap.
Have you tried doing these with a black cap, and if so why do you prefer yours with a coloured cap?

Hi Catherine,
There are no Absolutes, or Stringent Rules in Pen Making.
It is purely a matter of taste and what works for the maker, or the Purchaser.
If you desired a "Classic" Pen, you would probably dress it accordingly, with a matching Cap and Base.
Whereas a "Fun", "Modern" "Contemporary" or " Punk" etc.,could be dressed differently.
Please don't ask me to define what falls into the above styles, as again, it is a Matter of what suits you and what you like.
If you prefer a coloured Cap, and Black Base , then to you that's your taste and style.
If it feels and looks good to you, then Do It.
You do not have to March to someone else's Beat.
Regards,
Brian

drgoretex

Thanks for the comments! Feedback (of whatever variety) is extremely helpful. :)

Hi Katya - good question. My feeling on that comment you got is that it is garbage :rolleyes: . As Brian/OZturner noted, there really is no 'usual', and if you think something will look good, then absolutely, do it. But in direct answer to the whole 'usual' thing, I have seen other makers (and big commercial comapanies') pens with neutral barrel and patterned/coloured cap, and I have seen those with the opposite arrangement, and any combination in between. Besides, I just snooped :redface: and had a look at a pen you posted here in the past (First Segmented Pen), and it is gorgeous - so, you call the shots. You are the artist, and if folks like what you have made, it is 'right'.

Cheers,

Ken

Top Bottom