Orange Pine Cone in Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Hi,

I've had to make this order for a friend whose husband loves yellow and orange. I had made a yellow banksia for him earlier, and his wife said he wants an organge pen too. So I decided to make an orange pine cone alumlite blank, it was actually caramel colour to start with, from Old Fox (canada). I painted the tube with orange, and since it's quiet translucent it changed the colour to orange. I liked that! This time hopefully I've got it on the right way. Enjoyed doing this, and finished with CA.
C & C always welcome, prepared to improve each time.

Attachments

• Orange Pine Cone Zen pen.jpg
    Orange Pine Cone Zen pen.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Orange Pine Cone Zen pen1.jpg
    Orange Pine Cone Zen pen1.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Orange Pine Cone Zen pen2.jpg
    Orange Pine Cone Zen pen2.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Orange Pine Cone Zen pen3.jpg
    Orange Pine Cone Zen pen3.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

I was messing around this afternoon with some AL and color. I had the same thing happen, quite by mistake, but I wrote it down in my recipe book!… It started out a carmel color but after it cured it was a popping orange. Magic!

tgsean

Thanks Brian, you know I did not realise earlier that the bushings on either end was different till I learned from the Imperial Jade mistake! It was really good that I got feedback about it, that helped the learning process.

Tom T

Sean, that is a fabulous pen. Love the pine cone and the color.
And you made it yourself, wow. Looks like a Tiger.
Great job with it. Thanks for letting us see it.

tgsean

Tom, I bought the blank, it was caramel coloured, I only changed the colour to orange by painting the tube orange, and of course turned and finished the pen. The blank can be bought from www.oldfoxpenblanks.com

robutacion

Hi Sean,

Quite attractive pen, you got there mate, the blank was well made by your vendor but you also done a great job with the reverse painting decision and fit/finish, congrats...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: And your photography has improved immensely also, I like what you are doing...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom