Opus X Fountain Pen with Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

I wanted to include a few other projects for everyone to check out. I have been staying super busy, and stalking the IAP. I wanted to participate in the Bash this year but I swear I can do nothing December and January and then as soon as the bash starts everyone needs a custom fountain pen....Thats ok though!! I am basically only working on custom orders these days and not just filling inventory, which is great for me. Opus X Cigar pen, dressed in Macassar Ebony (my least favorite wood to work with I swear) but it makes beautiful pens! I grabbed this box while it was available, made a custom Foam insert for it and lined it with ivory cotton fabric. Ash in BEB with a 6mm Bock two toned nib. Made its way to California from my garage in North Carolina. Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• Spencer16 copy.jpg
    Spencer16 copy.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 230
  • spencer18.jpg
    spencer18.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Spencer17.jpg
    Spencer17.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

That is just beautiful. I do not smoke and really don't care for cigar smoke but you have turned it into a work of art.

Is the Opus X Cigar a pen kit or a custom? If it is a kit, where did you get it?

jmbaker79

Yeah I always add the punch hole unless requested otherwise. I know this isn't usually the preferred method for cutting a cigar but its a pen, and a nice touch I think. I save wood shavings from the pen to fill the punch hole and create a packed tobacco look.

And I don't smoke either, usually. To answer the question I did use the Section from a full size statesman kit as well as the threaded cap insert, but It allows you to save all the rest of the parts incase you ever need them, and lets say i have a few if anyone ever needs one! They will get repurposed into something special though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom