OPUS X Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dustaway

Dustaway

Not real pleased with the ash end :frown: The fit was great no seam showing:)

image-1_zps294acc43.jpg

image-1_zps9bd30407.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

The ash end looks real good. If I was to find any fault, to my eye the other end is a little too blunt. But I can't really find fault, It is a great pen,very nicely done.

BSea

I think the ash looks perfect, and as you mentioned, the seam is almost invisible. I doubt anyone would think that it was anything other than a cigar unless they looked really close.

JLewis

I am with PaulDoug and the one end need to be more rounded. The other issue is I think your wood is a little too patterened for a cigar. I have recently started turning these and use straight walnut for the body. They have sold like crazy. 3 in a week at over 2 bills each.

Dustaway

thanks guys for the comments the ash end I got a little carried away with the burn marks. the other end is tapered more than the pic shows plus Idid the end as if it were punched even with the punch hole.

reiddog1

Well if you really don't like it, I'll send you my address and take it off your hands for ya!!! Just kidding (unless u really want to send it). I think that it looks absolutely beautiful!!!! Keep up the good work.

Dave

Hendu3270

Awesome pen buddy. Don't think for one second that the ash is wrong. I have humidor full of cigars and the ash is different on each one. Like other shave said....it looks smoked to me.

eranox

As the others said, that ash is very well done. I like that you thought to include a clipped mouth end on your cigar. That kind of attention to detail really stands out to me. If I ran into this pen sitting in an ashtray, I'd sure get fooled.

Tanner

That's awesome! I've been looking at how to make the cigar pens, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have many Opus X and Forbiden X bands and want to give this a shot. You've done an excellent job! I know I'll screw a few up, but now you've motivated me into trying it now that I see one with my favorite cigar band on it.

eranox

I think it's fair to say you've mastered this. Did you use gray buckeye burl, paint, or a different method for the ash end? Are the burn marks paint, burnt wood, or something else? Those look fantastic!

Top Bottom