Opinions Wanted part 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Val

Val

Ok, I guess the verdict is in! LOL I went ahead and built the pen. Let me know what you think as always!

thanks

from first post
"I tried something different today and before I build the pen, I was hoping to get some opinions about how it looks. I turned the cocobolo piece then cut the grooves with a parting tool then filled them with embossing powder and CA. I kind of like the result but wonder what all of you think."

Attachments

• 100_0110.jpg
    100_0110.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_0119.jpg
    100_0119.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

nice job, but I'm wondering if you used a heat gun to properly melt and disperse the embossing powder? When i tried this same method on a bowl, without heat, I noticed what looked like little white beads within the color of the powder. Kind of like some melted and some didnt. Just curious

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I dont like it. I dont like the spacing between the top of the blank and the first band, for me its to large. The spacing between the bands is too large, the second band is too large compared to the first, there is no continuity to the design. perhaps a third band the same size as the first with the same spacing. I dont like the color of the bands relating to the blank, to me they clash.
Mike

Val

I did not use a heat gun. I thought about it, but the video I watched about it just said to use the CA glue. I have done two of these now in different colors and so far no white beads have apeared. But thanks for the heads up. Now just tell me what to do when my wife finds out I am using her embossing powder!!!!! LOL

Top Bottom