An opinion, a Peach tree limb, a little cactus, & Will Rodgers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

I think it was Will Rodgers that said, "never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut"! So, thank goodness for moderators and mothers! While growing up, anytime I got a bad attitude or seemed to getting mean spirited, sarcastic or hateful, she would send me after the "peach tree limb" That, & John 3:16 fixed my heart right up! I think it must have killed the peach tree though...here are two efforts from the dead tree! I got an ol' pickle jar & some cactus juice & stablilzed it 1st.....:bananen_smilies051:

Attachments

• RED THREEc.jpg
    RED THREEc.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 248
  • RED ONEa.jpg
    RED ONEa.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 332
  • RED TWOb.jpg
    RED TWOb.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Really nice pens.

In our case it was mulberry switches. I never had to cut my own, but my brother & I had to stand there & watch while mom went to cut one. That part was almost more painful than the actual spanking.

mecompco

Love the second and third pic! Mom had a nice 1/4" dowel with a leather wrapped handle. Don't recall her having applied it, though (well, maybe once). The threat of "wait 'til your Father gets home" was enough. I don't recall him ever having to punish us--the threat was enough. ;-)

Cwalker935

Nice pens. I had to get my switches as well. Once drug back the biggest possible limb that I could manage, found out Moms do not have a sense of humor when they are really mad.

ladycop322

Dang! Most of you were considered 'abused' as children! I got privileges taken away...my parents did not use physical violence at all!

Top Bottom