Opal "twins"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
This pair is from one blank (I was fortunate enough to visit a certain princess when she had a couple of brand new colors).

I took one look at this blank and had "reverse painting" in mind. One of them is reverse painted black and the other white. There is 3 colors (pink, green blue) in addition to the base coloring in the blank.

I haven't been turning much lately, but I hope to continue to get more time in the shop... I miss this. These were also my first of this kit.. the Elegant Beauty (aero)... I like them better than a normal sierra type... Finial twist, plus the tube is smaller, which means more thickness of the material.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 567
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Holy cow, those are beautiful!!! C'mon, fess up, where did you get 'em?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow those are nice. Maybe I need to go visit the Princess. Nicely done Dean.

Thanks... I have to thank the others (like Curtis with his cactus) and a few others that have pointed out how much difference paint can make on a blank.

I don't think I would have thought of the black without some others inspiration here. In the past, I normally paint a color near the 'primary' color of the blank - that won't be true now that I've seen the effects.

I have some lucite that I want to test this same idea on.

Rangertrek

Amazing how much difference the black and white makes for the final outcome.
Both are super nice! That shows us there are more possibilities for a blank that just giving it a good turn.

Last edited:

wiset1

Can't get over how awesome these look. Well, I hope they start selling the blanks on exotics!

Top Bottom