Op-Art - Best of Casting Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Here's my entry for this year. Only found time for one and wasn't even sure which category to enter. Based on the Parker style twist transmission.

attachment.php

Attachments

• opart.jpg
    opart.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 571
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nicely done but can you explain what we are looking at for those that have not followed your work for awhile. What is the blank made from??? What is the black and white portion made from??? Any other details can you if allowed to tell us more details??? Thanks for showing.

I also have a question about the rules. Are you allowed to show the pens before the judges see them and now that a name is being attached to them is that the way the judges get to see them??? Would a name influence the judging in the long run???

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice job Jonathon!
Thanks, but didn't know I changed my name:)

Very nicely done but can you explain what we are looking at for those that have not followed your work for awhile. What is the blank made from??? What is the black and white portion made from??? Any other details can you if allowed to tell us more details??? Thanks for showing.

I also have a question about the rules. Are you allowed to show the pens before the judges see them and now that a name is being attached to them is that the way the judges get to see them??? Would a name influence the judging in the long run???
The black and white portion is on a Sierra style tube. The white was cast polyester. I then carved out the black areas on my CNC mill, filled with polymer clay, baked, turned and finished. The nib section has a home-made brass coupling with female threads to hold the transmission similar to the Sierra and also holds the nib section which was home cast red and white PR. A similar non threaded coupling holds the top of the transmission and the final made from the same red and white cast PR.

As for showing them off, the rules stated that was permissible after the submission date of September 28. Different from last year, but rules is rules.

seamus7227

woooow, i AM SO SORRY!:eek::biggrin: i swear that my screen showed brooks name beside the post. this stupid computer has a major lag or something, and i am sober too!

\
Nice job Jonathon!

The black and white portion is on a Sierra style tube. The white was cast polyester. I then carved out the black areas on my CNC mill, filled with polymer clay, baked, turned and finished. The nib section has a home-made brass coupling with female threads to hold the transmission similar to the Sierra and also holds the nib section which was home cast red and white PR. A similar non threaded coupling holds the top of the transmission and the final made from the same red and white cast PR.

As for showing them off, the rules stated that was permissible after the submission date of September 28. Different from last year, but rules is rules.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, Bruce! That is one cool looking pen! I am so astounded at the amount of work you've put into it. And I have to say, it was well worth it.

So are you seeing an eye doctor about getting your pupils 'realigned" after that?

jttheclockman

Nice job Jonathon!

Thanks Bruce. I seen your work before and you do a great job. Thanks for showing.

Gilrock

Seamus I thought it was posted by Brooks also at first....must have been something the black and white pattern does to the eyes....lol.

Nice pen....

Top Bottom