OOPS! I did it again...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

The kit has been in stock for quite some time. I was waiting for the right time and material to make a really special pen. Having made many higher end pens using simulated ivory and being quite satisfied with the results (and resulting sales), there was just something missing. The look and feel of real ivory has nothing that compares to it. I purchased the ivory legally from Joe at http://www.elephantivory.com. He was very accomodating in selling me a blank cut to my specs. This pen is pre-ban legal ivory and will find a nice home one day. Hopefully sooner than later, however later may not be so bad because it may just stay in my own collection. It took a little longer to drill and turn as I was being extra cautious due to the tightness on my backside. The pen has a subtle natural color line extending its total length. A color that 73 pictures couldn't pick up. Here are the two best of the lot.

Attachments

• Ivory Jr Emperor.JPG
    Ivory Jr Emperor.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 287
  • ivory jr emperor4.JPG
    ivory jr emperor4.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curtis

I have seen a lot of white pens and may I say that that is the finest one I have seen, I love the first picture. It looks like a pearl white.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You did the material proud. Nothing like the real thing. I made a real ivory pen for myself a few years ago. Its one of my favorites. Have the blanks for another and the design in my head. Waiting for the right moment.

altaciii

lupe, This is the second ivory pen I've made without any problems while drilling or turning. The first one was purchased locally and I have not had
any negative feedback on it. I believe that extreme temp changes could damage it, but I find it highly unlikely that the owner of one of these pens would generally not keep it in his car or in his pocket, shared with his keys. On another note, usually when I use a high end kit I try to replace it right away. I just went to shop at csusa to purchase another jr emperor and can't find them. Does anyone know if the pen is discontinued there.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That IS a beautiful pen, Alex!!!

But with $165 in materials and the "turning stress" factor, I bet you're happy to be "looking at' it, rather than "working on it".

Nice job!!!

(Oh, you could have made over a dozen Alt ivory pens, for a little lower cost---and lots less worry!! Just to keep the record straight)

altaciii

That IS a beautiful pen, Alex!!!

But with $165 in materials and the "turning stress" factor, I bet you're happy to be "looking at' it, rather than "working on it".

Nice job!!!

(Oh, you could have made over a dozen Alt ivory pens, for a little lower cost---and lots less worry!! Just to keep the record straight)[/quote]

duely noted, Ed

Top Bottom