Oops, Frank did it again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Sorry, Frank, but you ain't gonna like this. Remember that home spalted Box Elder you sent me? Well, this might look familiar. It's the blank you turned round and I just had to do something with it. It's got some nice spalt lines and even some spalt mottling... AND it's full of powder post beetle tunnels. Not to mention the dark brown knot. There's a lot goin' on with this blank. So I put it on a PSI 8mm Designer (PK-MONPAR). AND I followed Russ' video for the CA/BLO finish... and I really like it! Will I use it on all my pens? Nope, but it definitely has its place in my arsenal. The pen's not perfect, but it'll do for what I wanted.

200691232922_des_spalt_boxelder.jpg

And a view of the other side below (same pen).

200691232954_des_spalt_boxelder2.jpg

So go ahead... hammer away folks!;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Very nice job Billy. I also tried Russ's CA finishing techniques on a Sierra tonight. It is a Padauk Sierra. I'll try to get some pictures and post them here later. Again, Nice Job Billy!

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Actually, Marc, it's more of a very short tenon. I do a number of them like that because I think it makes the pen look more balanced.

I agree....nice touch.. I think my monitor is kinda crummy... having trouble making out the details in these pics...

alamocdc

Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Actually, Marc, it's more of a very short tenon. I do a number of them like that because I think it makes the pen look more balanced.

I agree....nice touch.. I think my monitor is kinda crummy... having trouble making out the details in these pics...

Marc, it's not your monitor. It just happens to be that the CB is against a pice of similarly colored wood and that is throwing things off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom