Only her hair dresser KNOWS ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

This is the same project, I was obessed last night. :D

I love the Delta Dolce Vita collection. With Brea's new orange fleck and their black I tried to duplicate this and half the price. :)

L-R Ligero $55.00 Delta 20th Anniversary $265.00 Delta Stout RB $195.00 Delta BP $165.00 2 Penchetta's $85.00 :)

2004127152553_DSC00969.jpg

Once in the display case, Who knows [?] Maybe I'll never tell :D

200412715276_DSC00975.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

Anthony, thanks for labeling the different pens. I still have to look close to tell which are commercial and which are yours! Great compliment to you skills. [:D] Kirk [8D]

PenWorks

Not Much at all. Don't want to put a dampner on the conversation, but I will feel better gettin it off my chest. And to all my turner friends that have children, don't forget to tell them you love them every day.

A good friend of mine who coached my kids from tee ball to high school ball, had lost his 23 year old son from a suicide about 6 months ago, yesterday I found out his 21 year son died in a violent one car accident. There are no words anyone can say to this family that had to burry their only two children in the same year.

So when my package from Bill came in yesterday, I new I had to get this off my mind. I cut the whole order and then some. I spared you from looking at everything I did last night and into the morning. Anthony

Gregory Huey

Anthony
My best friend lost his youngest daughter in a single car accident a few days ago. I did not know what to say to my friend after hearing such heart breaking news. I ended up in my shop and worked on pens for hours. As I was working on them I remembered the set I made for her for her high school graduation 3 years ago. Its a little strange that we can find comfort in the passion we have for pen turning. My deepest sorrows to you and your friend as I know how you feel. Greg

PenWorks

Thanks Greg, I'm just sittin here resting my bones from last night. I got the olive wood in today and I am going to make a pen for the funeral book tonight, just not sure what I want to make. Anthony

PenWorks

Thanks Fred, I hope Tom is around, I thought that olive wood set he made would look good for the funeral book. Olivewood pen & base , with a cross clip , just not sure how big that base is.

WoodChucker

Anthony, sorry to hear the bad news. I'm sure with the holidays coming up it won't be an easy time for your friends. I just can't imagine my kids going before me, that has to be so very hard and I sure hope it's something I never have to deal with. You and your friends will be in my prayers.

R.T.

PenWorks

RT, I remember I had a customer from another business I was in, Orin, he was 96 years old, sharp as a tack and bought allot of goods from me. Well he buried both of his children and they were in their late 60's and early 70's He was as devistated as any father could be. At the time I was single and really did not have the concept of children. This is definately a parents worst nightmare. I feel for any parent that has to deal with this. Thanks for your prayers

Daniel

Anthony,
There is no wisdom in situations like this. But I have lost a child. as the parent I can tell you the best things people did at the worst times was to simply be there and let me know they hurt also. they didn't try to make it better, I didn't want to feel better. they understood when I was angry, allowed me to be silent when I had nothing to say.And listened to me when I did wnat to talk. and eventually helped me find a way to make peace with the loss of my son. that will be a ways off for your friend. and the way there is an up and down hill battle. Some things just cannot be fixed, and acceptance is hard to find.
My prayers are with your friend as well as you. My heart breaks for all of you.
Daniel

PenWorks

Thank you Daniel for your prayers, my heart goes out to you as well for your loss. Acceptance has to be the hardest thing to conquer, to find peace in one's self again.

And as a penturners group, this is one hell of a support group, Thanks again, Anthony

dougle40

Please add my prayers as well . I've never lost a child but I did lose a younger brother when he was only 17 so I have a pretty good idea just what your friends must be going through .

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Daniel, Anthony and my other friends here who have suffered great loss, please know that my prayers go out to those of us left behind. Those who are gone are not far away and theirs is a better place. Peace

wayneis

My wife and I have come close to loosing our son three times and I still cannot fathom what it would be like to loose him. There is just nothing that I can think of that could possibly be worse than loosing a child of any age. I donated time working with an organization where I met and spent a lot of time with several parents that have lost a child. Other than when I sat in the hospital holding the little had of my son (he was only two at the time) with tubes comming out of his body, have I ever felt so helpless. Our natural reaction is to want to help in some way, do something but like Daniel said the only thing one can do to help is just be there. Let the parents know that you care and that you are there for them in their time of loss.

Anthony my friend, you and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom