Only bought clip, refill, and spring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

Round 2 of the joy in the journey pens. I started out trying to make a hidden clip but the blank chipped out at the perfect wrong time and it was leave a slight defect or make the cap thinner and show the clip ring. The aluminum tip is the one off the last pen because the other was too thin where it screwed together and cracked. These take a lot longer to make but it's a lot more fun. Comments good or bad are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• G2 a.JPG
    G2 a.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 284
  • G2 b.JPG
    G2 b.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I really like the dimensions. I always seem to get my caps too long. About the only thing I's suggest is to get something with smaller threads for the cap. You don't need a triple start, but maybe a 12 X .75 or something close to that. Did you do the nib on a wood lathe? I've been thinking of doing that, but I just don't seem to have the patience.

Simplex

I like it! The aluminum bands give it a very professional look. What size die did you use for the threads?

I used a 1/2" x 20 die for the threads. I did make the nib on a wood lathe. It takes a while to turn. When I make the cap I don't make it any longer than I have to. If you take the top off the cap you will see that I drilled a little into the bottom of the threads so the tip of the refill would fit.

Top Bottom