This one's for Dan (witz1976)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

A few weeks ago I got a call from Jeff Powell needing my address (seems he lost it). The next week a Dolphin blank arrived at the house. Right after that Dan (witz1976) PM'ed me wanting to see the finished pen.
Here it is, as always Jeff's blanks contain a surprize and if you look at the 2 dolphins you'll notice that the water swirls around them in the direction they are swimming. I had to drill and fill for the eyes. :

IMG_2004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

That's a great pen! :)

I read the thread where Jeff mentioned to Jennifer about drilling and filling to create the eyes. What exactly do you use to fill them?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here it is, as always Jeff's blanks contain a surprize and if you look at the 2 dolphins you'll notice that the water swirls around them in the direction they are swimming.

Nicely done Roy!!! I understand what you mean about the swirls too. I have several 'Dragon' blanks from Jeff that do the same.
I also really like the perfect picture!! The cap end of the pen seems to be raised above the case. Cool!!

witz1976

Fantastic. Thank you very much for posting this one Roy. This defiantly narrows down my ideas.:biggrin:

Someone asked already, how did you drill & fill the eyes?

OKLAHOMAN

That's a great pen! :)

I read the thread where Jeff mentioned to Jennifer about drilling and filling to create the eyes. What exactly do you use to fill them?
Filled with black powder coat powder
Fantastic. Thank you very much for posting this one Roy. This defiantly narrows down my ideas.:biggrin:

Someone asked already, how did you drill & fill the eyes?
Just used my 14 volt hand drill with an .040 wire bit and filled with powder coat powder and thin CA first turned almost to size.

Thanks all for your comments...Yep Skip it was hard to levitate the top barrel for the picture:wink::biggrin:.

Top Bottom