One Year's Progress - Modified El Grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from davinci27

davinci27

So it was one year ago today that I posted my first pens. It was actually the first thing I had ever turned. I have learned alot from the folks here on the board. I really appreciate all the open sharing attitude of so many here. In honer of my one year anniversary, and to prepare for my pen swap next weekend, I made a new pen this weekend. The pen is ebony and some acrylic blank I picked up at Rockler. The kit is a modified El Grande.

For those interested those first pens can be seen here

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37008

Attachments

• 1year1.jpg
    1year1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 1year2.jpg
    1year2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Ben , first let me congratulate you on your One year Anniversary and second say that your pen is absolutely Stunning . One year in this place is like a lifetimes worth of knowledge . I'm amazed how much you can learn from the people here if you just try .
You should make a masterpiece pen like this one and apply for Guild membership .:highfive:

davinci27

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I'm lucky enough to have proof of that sitting on my desk :biggrin:

Hey Keith, that's still my favorite of the pens I've made. I'm glad you still like it. I'm already thinking trough a similar design that will hopefully be my first PMG submission.

davinci27

Beautiful! El Grandes are not to my taste - you made this one a treasure.

Never made an El Grande before this one, but berra hardwoods had a sale on the el grande streamline several months ago. something like $6 a piece. I figured the clip and nip would be worth that much so I bought a handful.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ben

I have always said that if you find the right people, and they share their knowledge, a person can really learn a lot in short order! I think the year is actually a lightyear with the help of all these great folks at IAP. I have also learned so much from them as well, they are great.

I love the styling of the pen, and would love to be the "impartially selected trading partner" next weekend, and oh yeah Perry, I am going to be selecting an impartial name puller for the pen swap.....maybe my wife...LOL......

We would love to include this as some of the information that you will be sharing with us in the December seminar!

Top Bottom