One the wife gets to keep!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

One year ago my wife was promoted to store manager, after deserving it for so long. Super proud of her for sticking with it. Thought she needed something special! Made in her company colors. This pen was almost the death of me, as name an issue, and I dealt with it. Brief background: each tube has a total of 9 pieces, thats 18 all together. Consisting of Banded Malachite, Aluminum, Macassar Ebony, Thin Tin, and alt Ivory. During drilling i ended up with 18 pieces again :( as the bit would make it though a piece, it would just separate. I used CA to glue my segments, based on a thread i posted about what would work best. Didnt seem to be the ticket, and will use epoxy the next time. So hard not to generate heat with that combo, even though i took quite a bit of time to drill slowly. Believe my ca was just getting to its expiration date bcz i had the hardest time finishing this guy. stopped counting how many times i cut and sanded off all the CA. Went and got some fresh CA, made a world of difference. First time turning a custom center band ring. And as always, custom malachite finial. Have my little issues with it but she loves it.Paired with a Rhodium JR. Gent I. I know some dont care for the kit, but with the separations between the body and the threads, it just creates another metal band look. Hope you guys enjoy! C&C Welcome.

Attachments

• _MG_7828.jpg
    _MG_7828.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 236
  • _MG_7832.jpg
    _MG_7832.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 163
  • _MG_7837.jpg
    _MG_7837.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom