This one took us International - thanks Eagle!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

9183c.jpg

This DIW burl was the first pen Linda was able to complete after learning that Eagle had passed. After having a couple of major blow outs (something she had NEVER experienced up to that point) Linda decided to start a piece of DIW burl that on the outside began with about half sap on one end and half on the other but clearly tapered out and she knew it would turn away. Linda chose to put the Sap on the Cap end and as she was turning let the wood sprites come out to play.

This pen was rather special to her. As she turned and the sap disappeared an eagle with spread wings became visible on the cap end. Deciding to go on, the eagle became less distinct though still slightly visible and a morning dove took it's place right at the top of the wing. Finally, the sap faded completely at the point where this was happening giving way to the other side of the heartwood and ultimately showing her a beautiful whale jumping from the water. Being a diver and having a love for the ocean, whales and dolphins always grab Linda's heart.

Linda has a different way of looking at things - and you don't have to agree with any of it - but to her the wood sprites sent this message, Eagle, Peace, on the other side there is beauty.

Last night the pen sold to a woman in Switzerland - our very first international sale. Another that is hard to let go of, but fitting.

MLK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Always nice when there is a story to go along with a beautiful pen. Takes something special and makes it even more so. Well done.

OKLAHOMAN

This one took us International:eek::rolleyes::wink:?
Linda does all the work and Mike takes 1/2 the credit.
Beautiful pen, finish, blank and story Linda.

IPD_Mrs

This one took us International:eek::rolleyes::wink:?
Linda does all the work and Mike takes 1/2 the credit.
Beautiful pen, finish, blank and story Linda.

Half????
I put the thing on the web site, I set up the forgien country on the web site for the customer. I did all of the emails with her. I get 3/5ths credit!!!:at-wits-end:

OKLAHOMAN

Linda might be more generous :tongue: but I might on a good day give you 1/10th :rolleyes:credit and again Linda you did a fantastic job with NO help :star::star::star::star::star:
Half????
I put the thing on the web site, I set up the forgien country on the web site for the customer. I did all of the emails with her. I get 3/5ths credit!!!:at-wits-end:

Top Bottom