One from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

I posted in a recent thread that I had come across a wood that was new to me - Camel thorn. Evidently it's a relative in the Acacia family and native to Africa. Well, I just finished up one of the newer PSI offerings in this wood, the Spartan. CA finish, 10 coats thin, sanded to 2000, then polished with Novus 3 and 2, then the Beall wheels for a final buffing.

After my recent posts re horrible results with CA, I got some fresh CA and am totally blown away by the improvement!

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome
attachment.php

Attachments

• Spartan Gold Camel thorn 1.jpg
    Spartan Gold Camel thorn 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 344
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

Purty blank to put it lightly..what component set is that?...me likey..:biggrin:..sorry...just re-read the post..Spartan it is..bushigs the same as?? I can see that component set selling...an see a few blanks matching the components well...are the rings removable or repositionable?

Last edited:

keithbyrd

i like the camelthorn too. My son told me about it from a bow hunt he was on in Africa - I really like how it turns. IT looks really good with that kit - nice job on the pen!

Ambidextrous - the rings are not removable nor are they repositionable (that I can see). I believe the bushing set is the same as the Majestic Squire.

Dan - the kit is nice. Decent click mechanism. Assembly is as simple as it can get. Some may think it's a bit on the "wide body" size. Maybe just a we bit smaller than the Guardian Jr if you are familiar with that one. Personally I like it.

ossaguy

That looks great!

I bought a pair of the Spartan kits to do my next pens.It looks like it would b a comfy pen to hold,with the o-rings.

Since I'm a mechanic,I like how it looks.

That camelthorn looks really nice!

Steve

Top Bottom