Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi again,

Was going to put this in the Slim Line comp, but figured that I would get more satisfaction showing how I did it here.
Russ, in your thread you said the Joint needs to be straight for the tranny, This is of course true, but the joint can be next to the nib. This leaves the whole body to have the angle you wanted.
I can see two ways to mod the refill. One, like I've shown, or two, by making a threaded extension tube from the tranny to the stock refill. This is Olivewood and I tried to 'stabilize' the vulnerable end near the nib with loads of CA, before turning.
The tranny and nib are fixed together with the shortest possible length tube. It is easy to rotate the tip out, but you need a good grip on the nib to change the refill.
Hope this helps anyone:)

2007118151314_Full%20bodySL.jpg

200711815142_LongSlimLine.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by cueman
<br />... Did you drill out the black cap and glue it to the refill tube?
Almost, just pulled it off, filed it till the hole was exposed.
Set the refill in the correct place and put a dab of CA on it.
If I was going to sell or give away something like this, then I think I would make an extension tube to take a standard refill.
Also, if my blank was made of very stable wood ( like cocobolo ) or even metal or acrylic, then I would simply use the tubes in their normal positions, It would then just be a slimline with no bottom and with a very long top.
It really does allow you to make up or take advantage of that 'special' blank, without cutting it in half.
This was just a practice one, I'm going to make one with a copper blank, with router cut acrylic inlays.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom