One of Rebecca's prize blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jennera

jennera

Rebecca is very happy with how this one turned out. It will be staying in her personal collection!

This is one of the blanks in her contest winnings.
71dde083fa2eb83d2f7b04fb9e4dea3f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jennera

I am glad she likes the blank and the resulting pen. She certainly made it look good.
This one turned out great! The other one she chipped the end but her Dad is going to try turning it down on the end where the chip is and putting a dark band on the ends. Rebecca hasn't turned a lot of acrylic but was so excited to have these blanks she couldn't wait to turn them. She is practicing more with the acrylic and I will share a photo of the other blank if they are able to save it.

She turned 9 pens Saturday and this was the only one she was truly happy with. Some issues with micromesh discolored some of the others she turned but now she knows not to use alcohol on the micro mesh pads. She also had a another chip out on a different acrylic blank but it was for a slimline so she will just pair the good half with a wood on that one to get a complete trimline.

You did a great job on the blanks! Thanks for donating them for prizes. My photo doesn't do it justice, I am trying to figure out how to position the lights so that there isn't a big glare where you can't see the details in the stamp. This photo was a quick shot with my cell phone.

Jennifer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom