One piece slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from New Bill

New Bill

I was digging around in the library and found the one piece slimline tutorial. I have a bunch of slimline kits but don't really mess with them because I dislike using the mandrel now. These look pretty cool. Have to figure a way to stabilize the nib end. Without a glued in tube they are a little wobbly.

Macassar Ebony, Tiger Maple, Cocobolo, and the acrylic is a blank I got from woodturningz - Golden Sunset. I made it for the wife as a kitchen pen. She named it the golden carrot.
408468639.jpg
[/IMG]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Those look really nice. I'm hardly an expert, but I made a couple of these for my granddaughter and I thought the nib end was nearly as snug as a regular slimline with a glued-in tube. A couple of suggestions: make sure that your drill bit is sharp & straight and use a micrometer to compare your drill bit & tube diameters to ensure as snug of a fit as possible.

New Bill

Thanks, I'll check. It's not real loose, just a little wiggle that I don't have on regular slims.

I don't plan on making many of these. Just found the tutorial and had to try a few.

Jim Burr

Banned
That is not an easy task Bill!! Long tubes can be a challenge. 1-3...great job...4...ehhh, IMHO, doesn't fit. Overall, you did some fine work sir!

New Bill

That is not an easy task Bill!! Long tubes can be a challenge. 1-3...great job...4...ehhh, IMHO, doesn't fit. Overall, you did some fine work sir!

Thanks. 4 was a joke. The wife can't keep a pen in the kitchen when she needs it. Nobody will swipe this one. :) it doesn't look that bad in person and she likes it.

Top Bottom