One-piece Slimline pencil prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

404809_301904923202913_100001502242963_806525_460427285_n.jpg

So, I figured out how to do the one-piece pencil. Got it done, and learned a valuable lesson. You HAVE to press the finial at the clip in FIRST. The little spacer for the nib sinks in and cracks the wood otherwise. This was just to carry out to Dungeons and Dragons night as it was, so I'm okay with carrying it for now. The wood is a random burl from the box o' unmarked blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Looks very good. I did a one piece slimline a while back and really liked it. It has a clean look and gives you the freedom to shape the body freely. Mine sold very quickly.

You have done a good job. I like the shape and thickness.

Drstrangefart

Looks good. I bought a "pentel" stepped bit and have made similar. Nice choice of wood. I wish they made this style in a slightly thicker lead.

Stefe

I know. I haven't done too many of the pencils because of the lead issue and restricted body shapes. I would also like a thicker lead in these things.

Drstrangefart

The Perfect Fit can work with .5, .7 or .9 lead - just need to buy the right Schmidt insert.

Allan, how do you add lead to the one piece?

I'll look into the Schmidt inserts. The lead goes in through the eraser like any other automatic pencil. I had just been overthinking the whole thing for too long. It's almost the same as a one piece Slimline with a little extra preliminary measurement. The gold accent ring in the middle just holds the two tubes together.

Top Bottom