One piece pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 3Peake

3Peake

Thought I'd have a go at making a slimline with a single piece body.
Wasn't that impressed with my first attempt,as I thought it was missing something:confused::confused:.
Picture.jpg

so thought I'd have a go with a nice cocobolo blank and this is how it came out.
cocosingle.jpg

Comments and critisisms please as I would like to improve these:rolleyes:.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Looks pretty good..yet I see what you mean..it's like a bit of boredom going on too. The burn marks help a lot. Maybe it would look good if you put the burn marks down by the nib instead. I think the main problem you have though, is the wood you used in both cases is rather blah. When you spice it up to a nice burl, or segmented blank, then it will surely look better as one long clean barrel.

Seer

I have fun making these Jeff is correct you need a blank that has character to really show them off. I have made several and sold them within 2 days.

hasha2000

After searching, and searching, and searching ( not wanting to ask how this was done ) I found a one piece slimline with the insides out of the pen. Took me about 30min of thinking to figure it out... I hope!!!

Glue the top tube so the clip stays and grips the transmission...

its_virgil

...and did you shorten the upper tube? By doing so the pen twists much easier and the pen comes apart much much easier. i got an email suggesting adding the tube from a perfume applicator (or same size) to the bottom to make the clearance a little better. Drill the lower half for the applicator tube. The rest is the same. I am going to try that and if I like how it works I will update the article. Thanks for using the article. That is why they are there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Errr. Not to mention I have the tutorials from redriverpens downloaded on me puter...lol I need sleep...

Top Bottom