one piece pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Not getting much lathe time the last little while. I've ripped out some overhead cupboards in the kitchen and am trying to figure out the best way to hang a vent fan from the ceiling when it was designed to be hung on a wall. Should save myself about $400 doing it this way. I did get to the Kitchener wood show last weekend and spent a few dollars, not much. Got some long 7mm brass tubes for an idea I had.

I like mechanical pencils but never liked the way the kit pens looked with the center band. So replaced the two kit tubes and the center band with a long tube, added a piece of firewood and voila a pencil I like. I have since found out there is more than one pencil out there and they have different lengths so if you decide to go this route your best bet is to assemble the brass tubes on the center coupler measure the total length and cut your long tube accordingly.
2084.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Great idea and thanks for the info about the lengths. Your fit and finish is spot on. You have real quality product.
Charles

wizard

Beautiful with great match of kit and wood. Awesome mechanical pencil ! I also like it sans the centerband. As a result, it has a resemblance to a pencil with the slender and sleek look to it. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom