One-piece click "Cigar" - idea credit to MarkD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from warreng8170

warreng8170

After Mark posted his creation I had to try it. I'm always looking for a good option for people who request click pens. Here is my first attempt. Learned a few things may try something different next time. Overall I love it. The only real downside is this mechanism only comes in one finish. It's not quite shiny, not quite satin. It kind of limits what plating you can use on the other parts. Anyway, I am happy with it. It's my first real attempt at a significantly modified pen. Thanks for the idea Mark!

Attachments

• _DSC0080_1_2_tonemapped_sml.jpg
    _DSC0080_1_2_tonemapped_sml.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 481
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mlconnelly

Great looking pen. Can you tell me more about the mechanism and how the pen was modified? I couldn't find the post from Mark you were referring to.

Brooks803

Looks great Warren! You can get that click mech in gold now from Richard Greenwald.

Great looking pen. Can you tell me more about the mechanism and how the pen was modified? I couldn't find the post from Mark you were referring to.

Welcome from down the road Mike! I won't try to explain how Warren did the modifications, but I can tell you about the click mech.

You can buy the click mech from Richard Greenwald. You do have to either find something with the right threads, or cut 7x.75mm threads for it to fit. The mech is all metal so it won't wear down and is silky smooth! I use them a lot in custom click pens. If it's something you want to see in person you're welcome to stop by the shop.

MarkD

Wow, an old thread resurrected. I guess I missed it originally!
Great Job Warren!
I think I read somewhere that the mechanism is zinc plated rather that chrome plated.

Dan Masshardt

Looks great Warren! You can get that click mech in gold now from Richard Greenwald. Welcome from down the road Mike! I won't try to explain how Warren did the modifications, but I can tell you about the click mech. You can buy the click mech from Richard Greenwald. You do have to either find something with the right threads, or cut 7x.75mm threads for it to fit. The mech is all metal so it won't wear down and is silky smooth! I use them a lot in custom click pens. If it's something you want to see in person you're welcome to stop by the shop.
are there some common kits with the right threads already present?

Top Bottom