One piece cigar.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MatthewZS

MatthewZS

This is texas ebony and mesquite. I noticed in the picture I have a slightly dull spot in my finish but otherwise for a first attempt I'm pleased.

Attachments

• view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 305
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

That is one beautiful pen. Amazing! How in the world did you make and attach that clip, it looks really cool.

MatthewZS

The clip:)

Thank you all, I rather enjoyed making it so the compliments are a nice... well.... compliment:)

I actually made two little pins out of 16 guage titanium wire sized just right. I flattened each end of each pin so it wouldn't pull out of CA once set. Drilled two little holes in the pin body and the clip backside and the rest is history.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I love one-piece pens that show off the material the pen is made of. I believe that is the 1st wooden clip I have seen that I really like. Great job on a beautiful pen.

MatthewZS

The Clip Part 2

Thank you for the lovely compliments, makes me wanna go make another or play the lottery or something:)

I normally would have roughed it out on the small bandsaw but it's having a ....well..... lets say a bad hair day. So I cut out a small piece on the big bandsaw and shaped that by hand using a belt sander and a dremel tool. I wrapped some electrical tape around a pair of needlenose to do some of the shaping so I didn't get my fingers too close to the belt.

As an aside, the little brass tube (8mm I think) that they call the transmission activator wasn't long enough in the original kit, so I went down to ace hardware which has a selection of brass, copper, aluminum, etc.... tubing. The wall thickness is a TEENY bit more than the tubes in our pen kits but it worked perfectly and allowed me to finish this without waiting for the mail to deliver a single tube.

Top Bottom