One piece cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I had to try it. One piece cigar rope twist in candy cane acrylic. Opens and retracts by twisting nib. All comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• cigar.jpg
    cigar.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 422
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Awesome looking pen! Does the clip spin on yours? The finial looks like the original from here. Be really sweet to make a new finial miniature size that has a spiral matching the pen. Why does Otsego sound so darn familiar? South of Holland?

SamThePenMan

Niice, must have taken some work to get that spiral, or at least it looks like it. Interesting concept to do a 1 piece cigar pen. I assume the brass tubes, the bottom one isn't glued in?

CaptG

Thank you all for your kind words. In response to your questions; Steve, I do not cast my own resins, yet, other than I do cast snake skins. I used a Legacy Revo mill for the rope effect. Jeff, the clip does not spin, the finial is original, Otsego in next to Plainwell between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. Ya ever get over this way, stop in and say hi. Sam, upper tube is glued in, lower has nib pressed into the tube. Ken, I took the threaded piece with the flange that presses into the top end of the lower tube, turned the flange off even with tube diameter so assy. would slide into pen body. Pressed this piece into tube opposite nib, inserted rollerball and spring, screwed transmission on end of piece, now without flange and inserted into pen body. Trans. is friction fit into upper tube that is glued to body and holds all in place very nicely. Butch, no, I did not glue nib to coupler, just screwed it on fairly tight by hand. It does not take much pressure to twist nib. Hope this helped with the questions. If not, reply again and I will try to help however I can.

CaptG

That is a stripe of gold coloring in the acrylic. The small spots in the blue stripe are reflections, or "photographic aberrations".

Last edited:
Top Bottom