One piece 7mm closed end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

I have not done much with 7mm pens lately but have wanted to try a one piece or closed end 7mm. It is made from East Indian Rose Wood with CA & TSW finish. Photo doesn't show the nice grain in the wood. This was designed to be a desk pen. I need to make a holder for it but thought I would post what I have. As usual all comments and critiques welcome.

20067117597_7MM%20closedA.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice pen John...a good design. I'm looking forward to the holder. Watch those dominoes...slimlines can have a domino effect if your not careful...what a great kit for stretching the imagination and creativity.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />I have not done much with 7mm pens lately but have wanted to try a one piece or closed end 7mm. It is made from East Indian Rose Wood with CA & TSW finish. Photo doesn't show the nice grain in the wood. This was designed to be a desk pen. I need to make a holder for it but thought I would post what I have. As usual all comments and critiques welcome.

20067117597_7MM%20closedA.jpg
<br />

Deere41h

Thanks for all of the nice comments and questions.

Don....I'm still working on the design for the base. Don't know yet what I'm going to do. Hope to have it done by SWAT as this will be part of my display for the closed end session.

Thewoodturner.....I didn't use a kit. It is made with only a small piece of 7mm tube, a nib, and the ink cartridge.

Corry.....The E.I. Rosewood is very dark but there is a bit of dark brown grain to it. It is not entirely black, a very dark dark brown is closer to the color. Sorry the picture didn't show the grain but it is very subtle.

Steve and Travis.....The ink supply is very easy to change. The inside of the tube was reamed out just enough to allow the nib to be pushed on by hand but yet with enough friction to hold it securely in place. It can then be removed with not too much force to replace the ink supply. I will leave the inside design up to your imagination for now.

elody21

Really beautiful pen John! I can't wait to see the holder! This style would make a great wedding pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom