The one pen I got done for the bash.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

I wasn't able to enter every contest possible like I hope to one year, but I did manage to get this pen done for the tube-on contest! It may not be a show stopper, but it represents a step forward for me. It's a little scene from the original Super Mario Bros video game that I made on photoshop and printed on sticker paper and cast. The major challenges were getting the sizing right, and the actual casting. Color bleeding was another problem that I managed to get around. I'm already working on the next pen for this little series, but who knows when I'll actually finish it.:rolleyes: I know that most of you are a lot older than me and don't particularly care about video games, but I also know at least 7 of you liked it!:biggrin:
C&C welcome!
DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

preacherman

Neat Pen!

Because of this pen I got to thinking about that old Nintendo in my old room at my parents house. This weekend I took my little girl to see Grammy and Popa and had to dig that thing out and play it. It still worked. Almost saved the princess; didn't have enough lives:mad:.

southernclay

Very cool pen, I was born in 1979, we had an Odyssey 3000 (I think). Couldn't get an Atari but they let us get a Nintendo when my dad found out there was a duck hunting game with it haha. This pen brought back some good memories.

Do you mind sharing what you did to stop the color bleeding? I'd love to know the image size as well if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Warren

Mason Kuettel

I loved this one immediately! Definitely took me back to my childhood. This will open up the opportunity for a whole series of pens for you, I'm sure.

Joe S.

Neat Pen!

Because of this pen I got to thinking about that old Nintendo in my old room at my parents house. This weekend I took my little girl to see Grammy and Popa and had to dig that thing out and play it. It still worked. Almost saved the princess; didn't have enough lives:mad:.

I've gotten pretty close before, but I haven't done it yet!

Very cool pen, I was born in 1979, we had an Odyssey 3000 (I think). Couldn't get an Atari but they let us get a Nintendo when my dad found out there was a duck hunting game with it haha. This pen brought back some good memories.

Do you mind sharing what you did to stop the color bleeding? I'd love to know the image size as well if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Warren

Sure, it was actually adjusting the colors in photoshop and using a white tube instead of brass. I have a few funky looking prototypes.:biggrin:

Joe you must have missed this thread.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/who-did-120098/

I was wondering who did that pen. I loved it!

Thanks, sorry I missed the thread.

Top Bottom