One for myself

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from martyb

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyb

I've been using a baron in my office, and found it was just too small for my hand. So I've upgraded in a big way. Just finished this up this weekend.

Medium grade Amboyna Imperial with African Blackwood and medium crushed Galena accent bands.
tn_Imperial-AmboynaBlackwood.jpg

Took me a while to get the Galena set in an "acceptable" way. All I had was the medium crush, and BB doesn't have the fine anymore.

And doing some playing around with my CA finishing technique. Thin CA to seal. Then 4-5 coats of thick. I turn the bushings after each coat to keep the finish from locking them on (haven't turned delrin finishing bushines yet). Then you can sand the thick down smooth as glass.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

Looks like a lotus pen?

Not sure if it is just the picture, but it looks like the barrel is way off at the posting end of the main barrel.
Anyway, I really like the color combinations!

martyb

It's an Imperial, also from Craft Supplies USA.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=imperial-pen
The Lotus as an additional decrative ring at the nib end. But it has a Statesman clip.

Good eye Mike. The taper on the turning combined with the optical effect of the decorative ring and the sliver trim ring really exagerates the mismatch. It's about the thickness of a sheet of paper over-turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom