One for my wife. Black Ti Venus with Tori's Polymer Clay Millefiori

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sschering

sschering

My wife picked all the parts.. I had the easy job of finishing and assembling.

You can't imagine how nervous I was working on this one.

Attachments

• IMGP6218.jpg
    IMGP6218.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMGP6220.jpg
    IMGP6220.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
That is one busy pen Scott!! Looks great, but make sure the wife knows the care and feeding of a FP!! And yes...I can!!

pshib

Clay is actually very easy to turn......I just use sand paper and a light touch.

sschering

Clay is actually very easy to turn......I just use sand paper and a light touch.

You can't turn Tori's Millefiori. The images are very thin.

It's just panic.. sand 800-1000-micromesh up to 12k

grab the CA bottle.. Panic.. apply finish.. panic!! assemble pen..

relax..

pshib

When I said turn I meant sand....I use an old mandrel and bushing to get my blanks just about then finished sizes...when i do use canes I use thicker slices and don't bother with a clay base....my patterns run through to the brass tube.

edstreet

I do have to say congrats on doing the plunge and working with one of Toni's tubes. I do know for a 100% fact that she is proud of you for doing this.

The chocolate rose and on a venus is a win win combo.

We would also like to congratulate you on the alignment of upper tube to lower tube but I do have to mention the lower tube is upside down. When the pen is closed the butterfly' should fly up towards the cap. Don't fret this one as it does look very good and you did an excellent job on this. I hope your wife is very happy and if she's not seen it yet you can show her the Venus letter opener that I just finished for Toni recently. It is truly a one of a kind.

sschering

Yes I did notice the alignment when it was to late. I'm not brave enough to take it apart.
When the cap is posted they all fly right :)

My wife is very happy with it. She already has it filled and has been writing pages of notes for her college class with it.

Did I type Tori? Clearly I spent to much time in the cold garage today. Sorry Toni!

Where can I find a posting of this letter opener?

edstreet

Yes I did notice the alignment when it was to late. I'm not brave enough to take it apart.
When the cap is posted they all fly right :)

My wife is very happy with it. She already has it filled and has been writing pages of notes for her college class with it.

Did I type Tori? Clearly I spent to much time in the cold garage today. Sorry Toni!

Where can I find a posting of this letter opener?

The bold/highlight/underline/red part is the #1 factor here and that trumps anything that any person can ever post on IAP here, never forget that.

attachment.php

The link for the pen is here. Couldnt part with them.... - International Association of Penturners At the end I followed up with a post of the letter opener.

Attachments

• venus-set.jpg
    venus-set.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 353

OZturner

Great work Scott,
A beautiful blank by Toni matched perfectly with a Venus, and Finished to Perfection .
Congratulations,
(By making it for your wife, you should be now able to buy anything thing you want for your Turning, you smart fellow you.)
Brian.

sschering

I almost got brave enough to take it apart and flip the lower tube but it occurred to me that I can't. The lower tube tapers down from NIB to tail. I remember checking the trim rings vs the tubes before pressing and before sanding I checked the fit to the bushings.. it can only go one way.

Still. I could have gotten the cap the right way around but I assembled it first.. :)

edstreet

The rings on the lower barrel is separate than the inserts. One is smaller than the other, it's for the nib end. If there is no bonding agent on the couplers then it's a very simple matter of removing the couplers. Over tighten against the cap threads will start to pull the coupler out. Once it starts to move just gently rock the tube while over tightening it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Russknan

Congratulations,
(By making it for your wife, you should be now able to buy anything thing you want for your Turning, you smart fellow you.)
Brian.[/QUOTE]

You know, I always learn something useful from the skilled mentors on this site! Russ

Top Bottom