One for my neighbor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I made this for a neighbor of mine who has helped me with several things lately. The blank was another MPG door prize. I think it is Alabaster Swirl Acrylic but I am not certain. The front section and accents are Amedeo Teal Tease Acrylic. The clip is from a Virage. Constructive critiques are welcome. :)

Attachments

• F12-009.jpg
    F12-009.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 343
  • F12-009_1.jpg
    F12-009_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I agree, looks awesome! There's a nice balanced look to the pen and the attention to the details like matching the grain flow through the segments is a nice touch and shows talent. Sweet looking pen

Autonoz

That's a great looking pen, I really like the colors. The bands on the barrel are a little much for me, but only my opinion.

Robert111

I love this pen! Love the colors and materials. I agree with Tim, the grain matching is very nice. Are there tubes in it? It doesn't look it. That alabaster swirl has transparent streaks, and all I see in them is the gray I usually see on tubeless pens.

wizard

Beautiful!!!

Mike, That is absolutely GORGEOUS !!!! I love the choice of contrasting colors of the materials, the precision and symmetry of the segmentation, the gentle curves and smooth profile of the ends, and attention to detail that is a mark of a truly skilled craftsman and artist! Great job. LOL..The only problem with this pen is you don't live close enough for me to steal it from you. Regards, Doc:)
P.S. If you don't mind could you share what you glued the segments together with?

mbroberg

Again, Thanks for all the nice comments. maybe I will have to do another for the PITH.......

If you don't mind could you share what you glued the segments together with?

Doc, I just used 5 minute epoxy. I clamped it in my vice over night.

Twissy

Lovely work Mike. I was immediately drawn to the colour match between the segments and streaks in the alabaster swirl....spot on. It has a real classic look to it. And the clip...perfect (where can I get some!!!).
I would live to see it with a larger SS nib!

mbroberg

Lovely work Mike. I was immediately drawn to the colour match between the segments and streaks in the alabaster swirl....spot on. It has a real classic look to it. And the clip...perfect (where can I get some!!!).
I would live to see it with a larger SS nib!

I got the clip from ExoticBlanks.com

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom