One of my first pens, and first picture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ne. Gary

Ne. Gary

This is one of my first pens, have made about a dozen so far, but have not taken any other pictures. I have a lot to learn on the picture taking, ( along with making pens ) but don't have any set up for taking them yet. At least maybe I can get a little critique, and opinions. Thanks for looking.
Gary

Attachments

• Bocote-Pen-web.jpg
    Bocote-Pen-web.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Great looking first post . I'm not a fan of the bump on the nib end but thats just me . Looks like you have a nice finish on there , what did you use ? Keep up the good work .

Ne. Gary

Nice looking pen. Can you tell us about the pen: species of wood, pen kit, type of finish?

I also turned a few with a little bump on the end. Just had to give it a try on a few.

John
The wood is Bocote, and the finish is just 3 coats of Hut Pen Polish. The kit is a Woodcrafts Slimline. I really like the ease and look of the Hut polish, but I don't know how it will hold up. I have done some straight pens, with blo-ca finish, but didn't know if I could make it work with the bump on the end.

Butch
I'm not big on the bump on the end either, but If I am going to use it myself, it helps me to grip the pen. I have some arthritus in my hands, and a straight pen slips out of my fingers.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Gary

Top Bottom