One for my Dentist!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

My dentist has been doing a lot of work for me and giving me the best care he can for a fraction of what he could make in private practice. He is the directer of dentistry and the main oral surgeon at the VA hospital. I am covered for everything, so he is giving me nice crowns and everything.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to give something back, so I made this from two tone amboyna burl on a two tone wall street II.

It's also my first time turning amboyna..

As always, comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• drkahn1 002.jpg
    drkahn1 002.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 301
  • drkahn1 003.jpg
    drkahn1 003.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 155
  • drkahn1 004.jpg
    drkahn1 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 142
  • drkahn1 005.jpg
    drkahn1 005.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 150
  • drkahn1 006.jpg
    drkahn1 006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 170
  • drkahn1 007.jpg
    drkahn1 007.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 140
  • drkahn1 008.jpg
    drkahn1 008.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Whoa. I thought this pen was one cast in human teeth at first (one for the dentist) thank god it wasn't, lol
He will love that pen you made.

USAFVET98

Are you serious? I go to the Wilkes-Barre clinic. The director there Dr. Kahn is real cool, and he knows his stuff. The good thing is, the patients on the voc rehab program like me are covered for anything and everything.

Beautiful work, Brian! I'm thinking of working for the VA when I retire from the Public Health Service. I might look in to the Wilkes-Barre clinic.........:wink:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Brian,

My wife works at the Lebanon VA. She applied for a job at the Wilkes Barre VA, but the job at Lebanon came through first. I likely will double dip for a few years by working at a VA as a Civil Servant while drawing my PHS (same as miltary) retirement.

Oddly enough for a Louisiana person, I would like to stay in PA, but Nancy gets restless feet if she stays at one place too long. Who knows, maybe I will make it up there.

USAFVET98

It's a nice hospital, and the dental clinic is all top notch. It would be cool if you worked there, too bad there are no woodcraft stores around other than allentown..

Brian,

My wife works at the Lebanon VA. She applied for a job at the Wilkes Barre VA, but the job at Lebanon came through first. I likely will double dip for a few years by working at a VA as a Civil Servant while drawing my PHS (same as miltary) retirement.

Oddly enough for a Louisiana person, I would like to stay in PA, but Nancy gets restless feet if she stays at one place too long. Who knows, maybe I will make it up there.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Brian,

One of my friends retired from Public Health/Federal Bureau of Prisons, and went to the VA. He told me it really felt good to be working on patients who had earned their care!

Lest anyone feel that I am harsh on inmates receiving health care, that is not the case. My son spent some time as a guest of the State of Pennsylvania, so like the old song, "I've looked at incarceration from both sides now."

Top Bottom