One more---Stone pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Started this yesterday afternoon and used up the better part of today gettin this one pen. I really need to stop making these:frown:
This is real stone----not Tru-stone

Attachments

• stonone.jpg
    stonone.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Very slowly------this patch started out as 4 pens and you are looking at the only one that made it----two did not survive drilling and #3 died on the lathe.
Not very good odds----:eek:

JohnU

Gary, the pen is absolutely beautiful! I hope to try that some day, but theres just not enough time to try everything I see here! A Very "One of a Kind!" Nice Job!

Gary Max

Dion we are headed into our big push of the year and I got two weeks to get-er-done.

Richard---I am buying this stone from a guy in S.E. Asia. I hit something today that blew up a Diamond bit. You know what happened to that blank.

Last edited:

Gary Max

Steve---I am getting to the point where it just don't have the time.
These stone pens fetch a good price but I just can't spend that many hours making one pen.

workinforwood

Very nice pen! Not only are the losses disapointing, but it has to be quite the messy operation too. I'm suspecting you are using a power carver and a water source while the pen spins on the lathe. I have seen you can get diamond files too. I'd love to follow your lead..perhaps in 30 yrs when I retire and have more time.

marcruby

The pen looks really nice although the photographer needs a few focus lessons. One day I'll buy one from you and put it up as a reminder of why I want to buy a metal lathe.

Marc

Started this yesterday afternoon and used up the better part of today gettin this one pen. I really need to stop making these:frown:
This is real stone----not Tru-stone

Top Bottom