One more in the same vein

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Inspired by Darley (Serge). Happy New Year, mate!
Bird of Paradise

ger%20Pradauk%20Titanium%20Gold%20Rollerball%20Pen.jpg

2007113311_Hand-painted%20Tiger%20Pradauk%20Detail.jpg

Thank you for looking and/or commenting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to all for the compliments. The paint is covered by CA to protect it from being easily scratched. Eric, when the boys are grown and out of the house you'll be amazed at how much time you have and patience you have learned. [8D]

UKpenmaker

Superb work Lou, what is the paint that you use on our pens?. Looking at the fine detail in the artwork you must have a brush with about 2 bristles[:p].
I think this is one skill that my numb fingers won't be able to contend with.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The pain is "Folk Art Artists Pigment", but I just picked it up without a lot of thought. They have a lot of colors and the color names are written on the bottle which is a must with my color blindness. I started with some fairly wide brushes and large pictures on plastic page protectors. As I have continued, I use smaller brushes to reduce the size of the images. I even use toothpicks for finer lines and markings like the bird's eye. A lit, magnifiying glass and stand come in very handy.

BigRob777

Lou,
Wow, simply awesome. Do you use something to stabilize your hands? Mine would shake too much for that kind of detail. When I was a Marine, we used a rifle strap, unhooked from the butt, to encircle our left arm, it was really tight, but it allowed me to pick off a basketball sized target from 500 meters away, 8 out of 10 times. The tightness stopped the shaking that's so common. Anyway, I've seen shows on TV, in which the artist used a board, to rest his or her wrist on, to eliminate most of the shaking.
Or do you just have incredibly steady hands?[:D]
Rob

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks again for the generous comments. Rob - I stabiling the pen first. then use my little finger and the fatty underside of my thumb to stabilize my hand. Of course, any real artist can tell you the right way to do it. This is just MY way. Thanks, Barry and Bruce.

BigRob777

Lou,
I knew there would be a stabilizing joke coming my way.[:D] However I've stabilized my hand before, .....with CA. Of course it wasn't on purpose (all right, so it was just my index finger and thumb[}:)]).
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom