One more Oliepod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

The first time I saw Oliepod for sale was on ebay. There were several lots of half blanks and a few of full blanks. I saw one lot go for $150 I myself had bid $90 (that I didn't have, believe me) on the same lot. It was that good. I have not seen the likes of those since, except just now and then there is maybe one group that comes close. It's a terrific wood, with the right kit. The half blanks make excellent Atlas or Sierra pens, and I almost wish I'd saved the one above for a bigger pen. I have one more long blank and it will be almost as good as that one if I use a big pen kit and drill it just right.

Kaspar

Yeah, I'm watching that one myself. Those are half blanks. Not too bad. You want the ones that have the brown and the orange. Who is the guy trying to get $125 for an oliepod pen that mine blows out of the water? Is somebody willing to give that much for mine above? I'd almost consider selling it for that much.

I'm also watching those large chunks.

Kaspar

I'm going to watch that just to see how much he gets for it.

Here's what good oliepod blanks look like:

OliepodBurl.jpg

I also have a picture of the lot that went for $150. In fact, it was $168 now that I think about it. If I find it I'll post it.

Kaspar

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />i'M GREEN WITH ENVY! [:p][:p][:p]I want some oliepod like that! Please Santa, I've been good![}:)] Those are truly beautiful and great workmanship!

Thanks. Just keep checking ebay every few days, put "oliepod" in the search window, and hope you get lucky. I do that myself and I still haven't seen many even close to that first bunch they put up.

Kaspar

The orange sections are pretty hard, the brown gives it up easily. You can even feel the difference while your drilling it. I emailed Rivers Edge Exotics via their ebay store. They plan to put more Oliepod up this coming week. Possibly even Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom