One more- a fun twisted pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

This pen is made from a blank made of twisted LG Hi-macs, counter top stuff. The blank being twisted makes it come out pretty neat in my opinion!

20064232367_April172006Small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Um, isn't it kinda hard to twist that stuff?[;)] Nice job.

It is VERY hard to twist this stuff, but the things I do for my craft are often demanding. This in particular was hard, I had to go all the way to ebay and pay a seller for them! Here's the ebay auction to see what they looked like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=317&item=6048126937

I actually only got a couple twisted from the first order, and got most of the ones I bought just straight. But I like the way this came out so much that I'm ordering a bunch more, with all of the them twisted. The hardest part was drilling them out. I actually ruined one blank in that process, because the vise has some trouble holding it and since I was making a pen with one longer tube, I needed to move the blank up the drill bit some and of course it didn't stay in the same place.

But I was, in my opinion, pretty creative in solving this problem all on my own. That translates to meaning that I fgured out a solution without having to A- call my dad, or B- post a question here! I used the heavy plastic from my adjustable mandrel to make sort of a sleeve for it, so it was the outer part of that plastic that the vise was holding onto- worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom