One more Button Click Cigar pen .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is another button click cigar pen . It's made from a piece of Honduran Rosewood Burl and a little PR using a Button Click from Richard Greenwald .
This is a piece of HRB that I got from Rodney (wolfdancer) awhile ago . This is one of the most beautiful pieces of wood that I own . It has the wildest grain and clusters of tiny little eyes . I only had 4 pieces of this stuff and only use it on special request pens , when it's gone that's it . The photos don't do it justice , the wood has some awesome chatoyance that just can't be photoed . Even the button has a cluster of eyes and chatoyance .
I love making these pens but now that this request is filled I can get back to playing around , so be looking for something kinda neat soon .

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone .
I love making these pens . Click pens are my favorite designs and due to the cigar size these are perfect for anyone with larger hands or anyone who just likes big pens . As you can see I have started doing the finial/clip ring in Black PR . It compliments the black band on the nib and breaks up the expanse of wood between the body and the button .
The place this design really shines is in showing off the blank . This HRB is a perfect example of that . This wood is just awesome , I really wish that the photos could show the chatoyance , it just shimmers in the light .

Top Bottom