One more antler pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

208271_158554830871257_100001502242963_344287_1883354_n.jpg

Had to do one to carry around after paying for the pile of antler I got today. I think this one may have come out better. Wish I had remembered that the Rockler slimline kits hate fat bodies. Oh well. Live and learn.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I think you are getting carried away. Probably because of the antler fumes. Better step outside for a couple minutes.

SteveG

Very nice looking pen. Antler is a great material to work with, and your center band is appealing. It may just be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the thickness of the pen does not fit with the straight profile of the clip. If that is the case, you may want to carefully bend an arc into the clip so it follows the shape of the barrel.

Drstrangefart

Very nice looking pen. Antler is a great material to work with, and your center band is appealing. It may just be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the thickness of the pen does not fit with the straight profile of the clip. If that is the case, you may want to carefully bend an arc into the clip so it follows the shape of the barrel.

No, you're right. Pen's a hair too fat for the clip. I tried bending one on the last pen I had that issue with. It still looks wrong. I just need a basic cheap gold slimline clip for it.

Drstrangefart

The finish is CA. All I ever finish with is CA, as it's all I have around the house to work with. Micromesh to polish. I'm still learning how to get an unbroken gloss finish across pitted surfaces.

Looks like you hit it on this one!

Up close, you can still see texture on the rough spots. It's not too rough but I,know it's there.

monark88

I think its a great looking pen. Antler is one of my favorite mediums to work with.

One small point, and you have mentioned it, would be to turn the cap end a tad bit smaller in diameter, so that the clip fits nicely to the side of the pen. At the same time keeping the CB diameter area just as you have done.

I think the slimline is ok with fatter bodied pen, if you do it as you did, with the CB, sans kit CB.

Drstrangefart

I think its a great looking pen. Antler is one of my favorite mediums to work with.

One small point, and you have mentioned it, would be to turn the cap end a tad bit smaller in diameter, so that the clip fits nicely to the side of the pen. At the same time keeping the CB diameter area just as you have done.

I think the slimline is ok with fatter bodied pen, if you do it as you did, with the CB, sans kit CB.

Right. With that particular clip, that would have been the right call. Regular cheap slimline clips can handle that fat of a pen just fine.

Top Bottom