This one is mine...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Turned the other Woodworkers Pencil today.. and this one is mine.. my daughter is not getting it.. [}:)]
Real nice piece of White Cedar from OZ that I got from Serge... interesting wood to turn.. very soft and needed light sanding from 320 grit even off a scary sharp skew... This piece had a nice solid knot running anglewise in the blank.. a little thin CA kept it in place and a couple of coats of thick CA as a finish filled any little voids around it... all in all I like it and am keeping it... [:p][:p]
I drilled this on the lathe with a 25/64" bit coming in from both sides with no problems... and put a spare 10MM tube in the top to eliminate the slop inherent in these kits

2005530172250_WhtCedarWoodworker.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wee willie

great pencil Tom but you know you are dreaming when you say my daughter is not getting it, my daughter is not getting it, my daughter is not getting it, then you wake up and she already has it. [:D][:D][:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
<b>NOPE.. SHE IS NOT GETTING THIS ONE... SHE GOT THE LAST ONE...
THIS ONE IS MINE... ALL MINE... MINE DO YOU HEAR..
MINE MINE MINE...</b> [:p]

wayneis

Jeepers creepers Tom, settle down and take an asprin, turn two pens and call me in the morning. Don't worry it'll soon pass and you'll be sad because she is moving out of the house without you. My son James graduates next year and my Wife and I are trying to understand how it happened so fast. Yesterday he was sitting on my lap and if he did that today he would break my leg. He's six foot two hundred and one hell of an Lacrosse player. The football coachs finely talked him into joining the team next year also.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
LOL Wayne... I still have 12yrs until she graduates High School.. then college.. then I might think about letting her date someone that I pick out. [}:)]
That's if the stress of her growing up don't kill me first [:p] She's 6 going on 16...

Darley

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />LOL Wayne... I still have 12yrs until she graduates High School.. then college.. then I might think about letting her date someone that I pick out. [}:)]
That's if the stress of her growing up don't kill me first [:p] She's 6 going on 16...

I see that we are in the same boat Tom, my little girl got 8 more years to graduate, then get more white hair[:D], but I got a big back yard, a pick and a shovel[:D], I will have to buy a staple gun too. BTW nice pen I will have to try this kit .

jwoodwright

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Jeepers creepers Tom, settle down and take an asprin, turn two pens and call me in the morning. Don't worry it'll soon pass and you'll be sad because she is moving out of the house without you. My son James graduates next year and my Wife and I are trying to understand how it happened so fast. Yesterday he was sitting on my lap and if he did that today he would break my leg. He's six foot two hundred and one hell of an Lacrosse player. The football coachs finely talked him into joining the team next year also.

Wayne

Did you mean Finally[?]

Or:

fine·ly (fnl)
adv.
1. In a fine manner; splendidly.
2. To a fine point; discriminatingly.
3. In small pieces or parts: finely chopped nuts.

MDWine

Nicely done, Tom.

I'm wondering if the thick graphite used in this pen is supposed to be for 'layout' work, or just general writing. I like the look of it!

(you know when she looks up and says "Daddy, I like this one, ..." you'll melt, won't you, ya big softy! [;)] [:D] )

Fangar

Great Tom... I am going to get to work on one of those. I can never find a good carpentry pencil. I think I might do one out of acrylic, just to be a snott. Something bright so I can find the darn thing!

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom