one for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jssmith3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jssmith3

2007611377_P1001019.jpg

This is one I have decided to keep. Its blue boxelder burl with turquoise inlay. Yes, I know, its not painted but I like it :) Comments welcome.

Janet :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

What! Not painted? Say it ain't so, Janet! Say it ain't so! But, it is a very nice pen although it is crying to have your magic done to it. Seriously, you chose a great wood from which to make yourself a well deserved pen. And, I like the inlay on the ends. You've made a very nice pen and made it well. Congratulations and I hope you can use it to write several orders for your unique painted pens, or maybe even an empty canvas or two. [:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jtate

Your turqoiuse inlay is lovely. I don't have the talen to do actual inlay. WOnder if crushing the stone and then reconstituting it in PR or even CA would work as well. I have some old reconstitutued turquoise pieces that I don't like. I may give this a shot.

jssmith3

Originally posted by leehljp
<br />It kind of reminds me of New Mexico! I really like the design. I hope you don't mind if I try it in the near future!
Go for it Hank but only if you post a picture so I can see [:D]

jssmith3

Originally posted by Fred_erick
<br />Great work there Janet. Hope the stone work didn't dull the tools to much. [:D]
Hi Fred, my tool never touches the stone. My file might but not the tool. My inlayed stone lies just beneath the level of the wood so my tool never touches it that way I know the stone will not ever fall out. I cover the stone with a layer of glue to bring it up to match the layer of the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom