One for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I had some time this weekend to make a pen that I have wanted to do for some time. I wanted to make a pen for myself to use.
This is what was created:
Holly, black steel wood, black dyed curly maple.
mineopen1o.jpg

mineclose1o.jpg

mineclosed1o.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Thanks Ron, but you shouldn't have...made a pen "just for me". I guess I can pick it up next weekend.[:D] Seriously, I like it...the black steelwood, captured by the black maple and encased in the lighter maple. Nice concept and follow through as usual.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />I had some time this weekend to make a pen that I have wanted to do for some time. I wanted to make a pen for myself to use.
This is what was created:
Holly, black steel wood, black dyed curly maple.
mineopen1o.jpg

mineclose1o.jpg

mineclosed1o.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Woodlvr

I agree with you Gary, SHOW OFF- I cannot even get one pen picture on because it is too large(I am working on it), seriously though Great looking pen and craftmanship. (Jealousy rears its ugly head)[V][:D][:p][}:)][:D] Keep up the good work. Maybe one day i will have one that looks as good as all of you others that post on here.

Mike

Mikey

Wow, I think this is by far my favorite creation of yours. All are nice, but this one has the right lines and color combinations IMO.[8D][8D][8D]

jthompson1995

Ron, as always, your craftsmanship is second to none. I love the cap, the bottom doesn't seem to do it for me, though. It seems to be so different from the cap that it looks like it got mixed up from another pen. I think it may be the lack of any angled segments. Not meant to detract from you or your pen, just my opinion, and since you made it for yourself and it's what you wanted, enjoy. I love the color combination, BTW.

JimGo

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Ron,
It isn't overdone.

Have you learned NOTHING in your time here, Rob? Of COURSE it's overdone. And I'll tell ya what, Ron, just toss it in a box and send it to me, this way you don't have to keep seeing it.

(I figure it's gotta work SOME time!)

mick

Ron, once again you've set a very high bar! [^] I'm sure we'll be seeing some more attempts at this design soon. I think your design and execution is fantastic! It's amazing how the black dyed maple matches with the satin parts of the p[lating and ties it all together. I've yet to make this pen because I was unsure of the proper matching of plating and wood but this is a great example of a perfect match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom