One for the kids

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

This gold Baron RB is going to the Cook Children's auction. Hard Maple burl from Rich (Low48) dyed light blue. Actually looks more teal though.

200583032229_baron_goldRB_bluemaple_burl1.jpg

And a closed view.

20058303230_baron_goldRB_bluemaple_burl2.jpg

I know, I know, a lot of you don't like a lot of curves on capped pens and why in the world would anyone want to dye such a beautiful burl? 1) I'm a little strange and 2) I like to experiment. I didn't use dye!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Drat! I was thinking of trying to do one of these one day soon; but since you evidently stole the fantastic design right out of my head, now I'll have to wait for some more inspiration, I guess........

Obviously, I think the curves you cut in this are just fine! Hope it raises a pile of money for the kids! Good show!

Doghouse

I just noticed the tip was missing. Nice shape, but I bet they will want the ink...
LOL

THen again at 11:30 at night you are allowed to make mistakes

alamocdc

Thanks, folks! It does look like the tip of the nib assembly is missing doesn't it? [:p] I'll have BB send me a new one right away! LOL! BTW, the "dye" is from a highlighter. [:D] I also forgot to add that I used a BLO/CA finish. [B)] It was late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom