One Fine Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hi All,

My wife is always telling me my pens look like Cigars, I guess this time she is right.

Roller Ball Pen Specs.
.600 Round
Capped 5" 1/8
Uncapped 4" 5/8
Weight 25 Grams

Made from Teak Burl, the End of a Pine Cone Blank and a Cigar Band.
Finnish is 4 Coats of CA and not polished.

All comments are welcome

Attachments

• Cigar Pen1.jpg
    Cigar Pen1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 388
  • Cigar Pen2.jpg
    Cigar Pen2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Freethinker

Wow..........I read the "One fine pen" intro and was a bit skeptical...........but that IS an extremely nice pen.

Congrats on a beautiful piece of work.

timcbs

Thanks All, for the kind words and Martin the pen you made is GREAT, on the Finnish I used 2 coats placed on top of the wood with a paper towel and then placed the Cigar Band on top, put Mod Podge on top of the band and then more coats of CA. if you use the Mod Podge it will not let the CA eat the paper.

ToddMR

I like the detail you put in this including the pit in the top of the cap. Nicely executed on this one.

Bree

Great job! I think the teak burl was an excellent choice. It looks terrific.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MartinPens

modge podge

Thanks All, for the kind words and Martin the pen you made is GREAT, on the Finnish I used 2 coats placed on top of the wood with a paper towel and then placed the Cigar Band on top, put Mod Podge on top of the band and then more coats of CA. if you use the Mod Podge it will not let the CA eat the paper.

Thanks for the tip. Right now I still like the non-glossy look of finishing with tung oil. But when I finish with the next couple I will try a high gloss version with the label under the ca glue. Adding the clip on the cap end is presenting me with a lot of challenges.

Martin

timcbs

Hidden clips are easy, just give me a call and I will tell you how I do them 714.309.1444, check out eBay Item number: 200491835022

Top Bottom