one that did not make it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JayDevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDevin

DSC09393.jpg

I have tried to turn Bland and White Ebony a couple of times. The Pens that did not blow up, they cracked after completeion.
Has Anyone turned this stuff with sucess?
your comments and tips please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

It sounds like your b&w ebony needs to dry more. Every piece that I have turned has had a n above equilibrium moisture content. I usually either nuke the blanks or I will rough turn the blanks and set them aside for a few months.

Brewmeister35

I've done one and it turned out great but was a learning experience cutting it. I'd show the pic but I don't know how to add it to a post yet. It's in my album though [:D]. It tried to tear itself apart when I touched a scraper to it. That was my first experience with learning to use the skew right. Or an attempt at it anyway [;)]

edstreet

is it stabilized? I know that some ebony you look at it wrong and it will crack and do nasty things. WSSI is where I send stuff to for stabilizing, that might be the ticket your looking for.

Ed

Petricore

Did that break off in one piece ? I've had bit breaks like that that I have glued back on and finished with great results.

JayDevin

Ed, No it was not stablized, I've had it at least 9 months. Guess it is still wet!
Petricore, No It shattered! andI did not find any thing larger than a shaving! I have Fixed Amboyna Blowouts many times!
David, the hole was coated with thin CA then the tube also CA'ed so I think it was more of a Wood Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom