One for the cause...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Steve Busey

Steve Busey

O_33 (Medium).JPG O_40 (Medium).JPG

Thanks to Lou Metcalf for creating such a beautiful blank, and to Roy (Oklahoman) for donating it. This is going to a silent auction for my son's school in a couple of weeks. The school has up to 18 young men with various issues on the social-emotional spectrum, most often some form of autism or Aspergers Syndrome. In addition to the tuition we pay, the school needs to come up with over $100k/year through fundraising efforts.

My wife and I do craft shows through the fall, with all proceeds going to the school - I do the pens, my wife does shawls and scarves, my daughter does handmade jewelry, even Grandma's crocheted rugs show up in our booth. Someday, I pray he'll become independent, and I can make a little money doing this pen thing! :rolleyes:

Thanks again, Roy! (for those who don't know, I had spent all my "pen allowance" for the season when I heard about the silent auction, and my wife asked if I could get a colored puzzle kit for it. I put out a call for one of these blanks and Roy stepped up with a donation. Great folks around here!)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice looking pen.

In addition I have to applaud :good::good::good: all those involved in this. This is my favorite part of IAP.. when people come together to do great things!

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, you did a wonderful job on the puzzle pen, fit and finish are spot on. Hope it brings lots of $$$$$$$ for the school.
It was my pleasure .

wood-of-1kind

Roy and a few other select others, "we" are truly blessed to be in such select company here at IAP. Thank you for unselfish act of giving and Steve I do hope that your great pen brings in the much needed funds at the auction.

Steve Busey

Had our big fundraiser/silent auction last night. I had Lou's/Roy's/my puzzle pen collaboration in the silent auction, plus the school asked my son to submit a couple of pens. The puzzle pen brought $150 (a bit disappointing to me), Kenny's blue/green Euro "Earth Pen" brought another $150, and his purple Diva pen brought $200!!! So, $500 for the three pens in the auction, to help the school.

My wife and I also set up some bottle stoppers, scarves, shawls and grandma's crocheted rugs out on the deck, and after the silent auction was done, I was allowed to bring my pens out. We did another $700+ in sales for the school in just a few hours. There were also other items in the auction, but I didn't get to see those bid sheets, but I'm sure the school did great! Every little bit helps!

Thanks again for Lou's design and Roy's generous donation! This place is indeed awesome!

Top Bottom