One that appeals to the ladies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from t001xa22

t001xa22

I wanted to show a pen style that often appeals to the ladies. It is a PSI Princess gold with Cherry & Rose Swirl acrylic blank. The pen borders on being about as large in diameter as many women might want, but they seem to like the crystal inlays. Please comment.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Nice pen! I'm sure the ladies will love it! How is the Princess? Been thinking about doing some.

t001xa22

I agree about the appeal of these pens. I have done several, like the attached pics, using all the different crystal colors. I like the Princess kits because they are of solid construction, and are easy to assemble. The only possible downside is that they really border on being on the heavy side, which some ladies don't necessarily like. For attention-getting, the pens are great; for long writing sessions, who knows.

Last edited:

PR_Princess

Those look great Bill!

Personally, I had my reservations on that kit, especially with so many crystals. But when paired with the right blank (as you did) I can definitely see the appeal.

Great job!!

t001xa22

Dawn, thank you. The nice ladies that I have made these pens for seem to really like them. I generally always show them pics of like pens before they decide, and then I proceed. Most of them like that amount of sparkle. If it is of any importance, I have never had any return on these pens, like demounted or lost stones.

t001xa22

Dawn, you might also recognize this material. I made this Duchess pen with the Pink Passion acrylic recently. Please forgive the poor pics as I had not upgraded my camera and I didn't have my lightbox finished. I divided the P. Passion block in 1/2, and made this pen. I am saving the other half, because the lady that got this pen was so impressed, she is thinking about another one in the same material. The Duchess (PSI) series is not quite as sparkly as the Princess, and that seemed to appeal to this particular lady.

Last edited:

SteveG

"...The pen borders on being about as large in diameter as many women might want, but they seem to like the crystal inlays..."

You may want to slim down the profile a bit on the next one. This pen looks great with a little less bulk, and you can back away from the customer feeling that the pen might be too large. Just my opinion, and I do have good sales with this pen in a thinner profile:wink:

Rick P

My comment is directed solely at the kit..........I strongly dislike the kit and have yet to meet a woman who felt differently about them. One even suggested it looked like something one would find in Paris Hilton's bed side table drawer.

Other than a slightly thinner profile the above examples are all well turned, the blank selection is excellent and the finish outstanding. Well made pens with unfortunate hardware........sorry.

Top Bottom