Omega pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from terry q

terry q

I finish these today. These kits are called Omega and they are from the U.K. Right to left they are acrylic, Osage, Walnut, Maple and stabilized Buckeye burl. The Osage, Walnut and Maple are my signature serpentine blanks.

Attachments

• 14438034789511.jpg
    14438034789511.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 405
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

That makes sense, I've always ignored the sapwood, not sure why I guess I'd better check it out a little better. Around here there are more wives tales about this wood, some about how it is too hard to cut with a chain saw, people swear they've seen sparks flying while cutting it. I get more free wood that way.
Thanks for the reply.

terry q

Last edited:

terry q

That makes sense, I've always ignored the sapwood, not sure why I guess I'd better check it out a little better. Around here there are more wives tales about this wood, some about how it is too hard to cut with a chain saw, people swear they've seen sparks flying while cutting it. I get more free wood that way.
Thanks for the reply.

In my youth I helped my dad remove a mile of fence that had 100+ year old hedge posts. Dad was going to cut them and burn in the fire place. He could not cut them with a chainsaw. There may have been sparks but I don't know. We set fire to the pile and had a church youth group wiener roast. That fire lasted close to a week.

Top Bottom