Olympian II Elite, with Pau Rosa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulSF

PaulSF

This one took forever, and there are still problems with it, but the wood is beautiful, and the BLO/CA finish came out well.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Why am I getting dizzy looking at that photo??? It looks like with the prop on the side it fell over or something. Just an opinion, loose the prop. The fit and finish look great on the kit for sure. Job well done. I like that kit. Where did you get it??? Thanks for showing.

PaulSF

Yah, I need to rotate the picture 90 degrees. Still, it's cheaper than a bottle of whiskey. This is from Penn State, and thank you for the compliments!

PaulSF

Here it is, rotated. And that's a corner sample for a beautiful, hand-carved, water-gilded modernist picture frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 136

jttheclockman

Yes that is better but still would loose the frame or try something else because the eye goes right to the frame. Might be because of the light on the frame. What is that kit and where did you get it??? I really do like that one.

Lenny

It is the Olympian Elite2 from PSI. I recently made one of these as well and was pleasantly surprised by it. They have a deal for 2 kits with the drill bits,trimming sleeves and bushings for under $20. Out of stock right now but you can get on the wait list.
btw Paul, very nice job!

PaulSF

That's how I got the kit, Lenny. It was a really good deal -- I got quite a few kits in various styles with that offer.

Steve, there's a bizarre patch on the lower barrel that is lighter than the rest of the barrel, and I don't quite know why that is. Also, some dummy (guess who) stuck the center band in the wrong end of the cap. And in an effort to remove the center band, that dummy (guess who) made some small dents in the center band, and a couple of chips at the end of the barrel that are spaced just far enough apart so that the clip won't hide both of them.

Top Bottom